Discipline(s) / Subdiscipline(s):
1. Social Sciences
- Business & administration
- Economics & finance
Print ISSN: 1394-2603
Publisher: Universiti Sains Malaysia
Publication type: Print & Electronic
Publication frequency: 2 time(s) per year
Journal Website: http://web.usm.my/aamj/
Asian Academy of Management
School of Management
Universiti Sains Malaysia
11800 Minden, Penang
Telephone: +604 653 3888 ext. 2521
Fax: +604 657 7448
The Asian Academy of Management Journal (AAMJ) is a refereed journal that is jointly published by the Asian Academy of Management (AAM) and Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia (http://www.penerbit.usm.my). The journal endeavors to provide forums for academicians and practitioners who are interested in the discussion of current and future issues and challenges impacting the Asian Management as well as promoting and disseminating relevant, high quality research in the field of management. The journal has an established and long history of publishing quality research findings from researchers not only in the Asian region but also globally. It is a journal published by an APEX university and currently available in EBSCO databases.
Zamri AHMAD (Universiti Sains Malaysia)
DEPUTY CHIEF EDITOR
Noor Hazlina AHMAD (Universiti Sains Malaysia)
Hasliza ABDUL HALIM (Universiti Sains Malaysia)
Eliza NOR (Universiti Sains Malaysia)
Siti Rohaida MOHAMED ZAINAL (Universiti Sains Malaysia)
Abdul Hadi ZULKAFLI (Universiti Sains Malaysia)
EDITORIAL ADVISORY BOARD
Ali Dastmalchian (University of Victoria)
Andrew Chambers (Emeritus Professor, Management Audit Limited)
Anne-Laure Fayard (INSEAD)
Aybuke Aurum (University of New South Wales)
Chris Pattel (Macquarie University)
Cynthia K. Riemenschneider (Sam M. Walton College of Business)
Gerald Vinten (British Accreditation Council)
John R. Schermerhorn, Jr. (Ohio University)
June Poon (Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia)
M. Sadiq Sohail (King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals)
Marianna Sigala (University of the Aegean)
Mark W. Speece (University of Alaska South East)
Muhamad Jantan (Universiti Sains Malaysia)
Rosmimah Mohd. Roslin (Universiti Teknologi MARA)
Soon Ang (Nanyang Technological University)
Steven J. Karau (Southern Illinois University)
Suresh K. Tadisina (Southern Illinois University)
Susela Devi (Universiti Malaya)
T. J. Kamalanabhan (Indian Institute of Technology)
T. Ramayah (Universiti Sains Malaysia)
Takiah Mohd. Iskandar (Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia)
Timothy K. Shih (Tamkang University)
Zahir A. Quraeshi (Haworth College of Business)
- Manuscript should be written in English and should not be more than 6500 words in length or not more than 25 pages (including appendices and references). Using Microsoft word (*.doc) format and Times News Roman 12 font, the manuscript should be typewritten on one side of A4 paper only, double-spaced, leaving top and left hand margin at least 2.5 cm or one inch wide. To permit anonymity of refereeing, the author’s names (s) should not appear on the manuscript. Attach a cover page containing the title of the article, the name and affiliation of each author, and a 150-word abstract summarizing its content. Also enclose brief biographical notes of the author(s) with an address for correspondence. Please indicate the name of the author to whom all correspondences should be addressed to. If a manuscript is accepted for publication, digital copies will be given to the corresponding author free of charge. The author will then be responsible to distribute the digital copies to the co-author(s) accordingly (if any).
- A soft copy of the manuscript should be submitted to the address below. Submission of the paper will be taken to imply that it has not been published before and it is not being considered for publication elsewhere. The manuscript should be sent to the Chief Editor at the address below:
Asian Academy of Management Journal
School of Management
Universiti Sains Malaysia
Enquiries and submission can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The editors place a great emphasis on a clear written style expressing a well-structured presentation of ideas. Main heading should be typed in “uppercase” and subheadings in “title case”. Footnotes should be avoided and italics should only be used sparingly for foreign words. References should be placed in alphabetical order at the end of the paper. For the purpose of this paper, APA conventions must be observed such as follows:
The Editorial Board reserves the right to reject manuscripts and/or ask authors to revise in accordance to editorial requirements.
- Chang, S. (1998). Takeovers of privately held targets, methods of payment and bidder returns. Journal of Finance, 53(2), 773-784.
- Monks, R.A.G. and Minow, N. (2003). Corporate Governance. United Kingdom: Blackwell Publishing.
Figures and Tables:
Each should be on a separate sheet and clearly labeled. All illustrations must be of high quality to agree to immediate reproduction. Indicate its preferred position in the text. Contributions, which are otherwise acceptable, may be rejected on the grounds that illustrations are of unsatisfactory quality.
If a manuscript is accepted for publication, a copy of the journal and digital copy consisting of publisher ready copy of the article will be sent to the corresponding author free of charge. Additional copies can be purchased from the publisher.
Each manuscript is prescreened by the editorial board members. If found to be of a suitable quality it will then be sent to at least two expert referees. The reviewing process takes up to 4 months from the date of receipt of the article. Where manuscript revision is required, authors are urged to double check that the necessary corrections are made and ensure that books and articles cited in “References” actually appear in the text and vice versa.