Associate Professor Dr. Nur Ikhwan Mohamad (email@example.com)
- Author submits all required materials in MS Word format (Authorship Statement, Reviewers Recommendations Form, and Manuscript) via email to Editor-in-Chief (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to Managing Editor (email@example.com).
- Complete submission is sent out to two reviewers
- Reviewers critique article and send it back to the editorial office for processing
- After initial review, Editor-in-Chief releases reviews to authors
- Dependable on recommendations from reviewers (accept with minor correction / accept with major correction / rejected), authors are asked to respond to reviewers and make necessary corrections.
- Article is sent out for re-review
- Editor-in-Chief may accept, reject, accept with minor alterations, or sent out for third review
- If accepted, author must submit final version. Version will be added to "in-press" queue with publisher.
- Prior to publication, publisher will send preliminary versions of publications (proofs) to authors. No edits may be made after proofs are approved
- Article is printed to JSSPJ
The selection of appropriate reviewers becoming the most important part once a manuscript is accepted for reviewing process. So as to ensure the quality of manuscripts accepted, the journal will avoid selecting reviewers with negative track records in similar work. An example of negative or unbecoming conduct of a reviewers are chronically late, lack of professionalism, and too critical or too lenient. Reviewing process is done in a blind-review manner, meaning the reviewer will not be supplied with name or institutions of manuscript authors. Authors upon submitting their manuscript can nominate individual(s) that they oppose as reviewer for their manuscript due to reasons such as dispute history with the authors or known tendency to be biased towards any works related to authors. Individual who has been selected and involved as a reviewer will not be barred from submitting their own version of manuscripts. And at the same time they will not be given any leniency, with their manuscript will also underwent similar submission and reviewing process. As a note to reviewers, all manuscript should always be treated in a highly confidential manner, and should not be discussed with anyone or shown to any other persons apart from the responsible Editor.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
The journal is specifically for people working within or involved with the sports science and physical education industry (i.e., academician, students, coaches, sports scientist, athletes, personal trainer etc.). It is the mission of the journal to publish articles that address issues in sports science and physical education with systemic research approach.
Journal of Sports Science & Physical Education (JSSPJ) is a peer-reviewed sports science and physical education journal. Main aim of the journal is to publish original research articles which cover the area of sports science and physical education. Manuscripts both in English and Malay language will be accepted for reviewing process and publication. Articles should be between 2000-3000 words and should focus on area or interest related to sports science and physical education.
Manuscript submitted is suggested to be divided in topics and sub-topics as below:
FRONT PAGE (Manuscript title be put on the top. Should have all authors full name, institutions, and qualifications abbreviations. Corresponding author's full address, phone number, and email is a must) This page will not be given to Reviewers.
TITLE PAGE (Only title without any identification of authors or institutions, for blind-review purposes)
ABSTRACT (Written in a brief simple yet precise manner. Should clearly indicated aim of study, method, results, conclusions and practical applications suggestion. Not more than 200 words).
Key-words (list 5 key-words that differ from words available in the title, an placed at the bottom of 'Abstract')
The editorial contents are copyright of Sultan Idris Education University. The authors of signed contributions are alone responsible for statements and opinion in them.